23.2.11

That Metronomy Song is Really Good



So about 2 weeks ago, Metronomy put the video for their new song ‘She Wants’ on the internet. I didn’t post about it on the day because this blog isn’t about posting the latest song that this band or that one has just uploaded. This blog is about taking the time to actually really listen to the track and give you a stupid review about it. Isn’t that why you’re here?

So, yeah that Metronomy song. The first time, I was like “hum I don’t really like the intro but that chorus could be a grower”. By the second time I heard it, I was obsessed. But still, I thought “hum maybe it’s one of these songs I’ll get really obsessed with for a week and then forget about it”.
I have listened to ‘She Wants’ every day since and that’s because it’s a really good song! It’s one of these delicious songs that I categorize as “pop douce” which vaguely translates as “sweet pop” – one of these songs that are so nice to listen that you feel like a circle of mini-polar bears are around your head and hugging you.

Fox of the week.