16.12.12

2012 was ist los?


Dan treats us to his review of the year...:

Soooo, this blog has had a VERY busy 2012. In fact we have all been so busy hanging out,  peeping at foxes and appearing in Hello magazine that we have barely had time to maintain a healthy skin care routine let alone write a blog. But, we’ve holed ourselves up in a bunker for the past month (it’s all become slightly awkward) and will be releasing our reviews of the year for 2012, one a week for the next few weeks! YAAAY!

Looking back at the last post, written as the brave new world of 2012 dawned, a crisp, fat tear has welled up in mine eye as I realise that is all in the past. The Olympics is over. There will be no more extended bank holiday weekends. And we have seen the last of dates like 12.12.12 FOREVER. Shiiiiiiiiit. (Also, I hate the number 13.)

But perhaps I’m just feeling morose because I have only eaten four of the recommended five portions of fruits and veg today. So as I crack open a bottle of White Strike (apples count right?) let’s take a journey back in time and work out what just happened.

A)    So, the obligatory list of my favourite discs of 2012 innit. I am available for interviews and talking head style commentary in 2013 on these and other elements of popular culture so please do get in contact. Please do.

1.      TNGHT- TNGHT
3.      Halls- Ark
9.      Grimes- Visions


B)     This year I’ve mostly been living in Brighton and I have had a jolly good time there. I like the sea, I like the food, I like making a party at Pride and I like the fact that I can skip (my favourite form of travel) from one side of Brighton to the other in about fifteen minutes. The music here is amazing and there are some pretty rad venues. My favourites are the Green Door Store and the Prince Albert.


C)    I was enormously enthused by sports this year and almost became what one might describe as a ‘sportsfan.’ I even found myself drinking in a Walkabout at one stage, clutching a non-premium lager and craning my neck to get the best views of the plasmas. The Olympics were totally raaaad and I loved Nicola Adams and JEnnis and the Browlees Bros and Bradley Wig. Yeah bois! Also cycling was toll. I done a tribute to it by cycling around Brighton for a few weeks until I got and puncture and then I had to stop.


D)    I did like going to the The Great Escape this year (not least because I could crawl home and be sick into my own toilet rather than that of a dodgy hostelle). There wuz some great performances and my favourites were: Francois and the Atlas Mountains, Savages, Haim, Dillon, Milagres, Doldrums, Micachu, The Soft and Drop Out Venus. Another highlight was the traditional Yeah Club team TGE meal of Fish and Chips and Wine. Mmmmm, fishlicious. I also liked the man who shouted at me on the peer for running. He had a nice heart.


E)     BBC Radios 6, 4 and 1. I listened to a lorra radio this year. I have liked being at work and listening to Rob da Bank on 1. Sitting in a traffic jam and listening to the Eddie Mair on the PM show on 4. And sitting, trying to write an essay and listening to Gideon Coe on 6.

F)     In 2012 I have loved the medium of dance. I have loved bogling and popping, small amounts of locking and also I did a bit of krumping. I am a casual fan of Strictly and have (obviously) been obsessed with Gangnam. And I also was a housemate with Shun an incredible dancer and contortionist who is in the video below. 2013 resolution no.1: learn to touch my toes.