18.1.11

Plug in to Plug


Photo: Life

The first time I saw Plug was 2 years ago in a basement in Stoke Newington (or maybe it was Dalston, anyway somewhere in Hackney, you get the point) in one of those gigs where you think “wow this is great but I could also die very easily here”. In fact, being 5”1 (like Lady Gaga, thanks Smash Hits Special), I was the only person able to stand in that basement as the ceiling was so low.
I had never heard of Plug and I immediately fell in love with them. Their minimal sound, with repetitive melodies and this sharp voice were absolutely brilliant.
Of course, they signed with Upset The Rhythm, and their first album, despite being the worst artwork of the year, is equally brilliant. If you’re in your January period of “listening to the bands I’ve missed in 2010”, Plug should be your new priority.

Plug - Body Story by be-bop-kids